5 Ways to Feel Better About Life
We all want to live better. We want happiness. We want to look in the mirror and know the person staring back at us is amazing (and trust us, she is).
That all begins with feeling better – and not just physically, but mentally, too. Life can be stressful. That’s just the way the world is built. But all that stress can melt away and be replaced by something far more powerful only if we’re able to change the way we react to the world.
Of course, getting into a better frame of mind is important, but perhaps more important is how you get to that place. It’s not enough to just feel good. You have to feel good about your journey there, too.
So how do we get there? How do we reach a place where problems become minor distractions on the way to being the amazing you that you deserve to be? Here are five simple things you can start doing right NOW:
- Eat Right – Eating right is its own reward in many ways, but maybe the best reward is how good you feel when you eat right. It’s nice to be healthy and it’s great to feel good about how you look, but most important of all is the inner sense of well-being that comes with living a healthy life.
- Get A Massage – Relaxing. Being pampered. Having the tension released from your body. We all need these temporary respites from the stress of our daily lives. Tiny escapes like these allow us to recharge our mental energy, which in turn allows us to face any challenge life throws our way.
- Take a Tea Break – We love a cup of coffee as much as the next person, but the next time you need to take a five-minute break from your stressful afternoon, try a cup of tea instead. Herbal, please. The warm liquid and heady aromas can help you clear your mind and bring you a much-needed sense of relaxation. Philosophies focused on inner peace come from the same part of the world as tea for a reason, after all.
- Stretch in the Sun – It’s the simple things that improve our lives the most. If you don’t believe us, try incorporating something as simple as a morning stretch in the sun into your day. There is no need to make it complicated. Just step outside – onto your porch, into your garden, onto your balcony, or wherever else you can – reach your arms to the sky, and stretch out your tension. Be sure to linger outside for a few minutes after you do to soak up some sun. You’ll not only feel renewed each morning, you’ll be getting some vitamin D, too.
- Get Creative – There are few ways of understanding ourselves better and of developing a sense of well being that are as powerful as having a creative outlet. At Andrea Lopresti Fine Jewelry, we’re blessed to have an opportunity to be creative every day when we design our handmade fine jewelry. For others, it’s simply a matter of finding a little time each day and the right way to occupy it. You don’t have to devote yourself to painting or other such pursuits (unless you want to, of course). Even something as simple as artfully arranging flowers allows you to get into a frame of mind you may not usually explore – and that’s something worth pursuing.
These are simple things to incorporate into your life, but the results will not be simple. They will be positively transforming.
To learn more about Andrea Lopresti Fine Jewelry, look at our handmade jewelry on Etsy, and follow us on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.