7 Essential Summer Skin Care Tips
Summer is here! We’re as excited as you are, but we also know that the burning hot, sunny days of summer mean you have to pay special attention to your skin if you want to look your best now and for years to come.
If you are ready to have great summer skin, start with these basic tips.
- As you get closer to the warmer weather, exfoliate and moisturize. The winter leaves your skin dry and flaky, so be prepared to ease your skin into the summer months. By the time summer gets here, your skin will be ready.
- When going to the beach, be sure to use sunscreen with a high SPF of 30 or more, and make sure you use water resistant sunscreen. You’ll be able to stay longer while minimizing burn risk.
- Indulge in great skin care products. Take care of your skin and it will take care of you.
- Whenever possible, find oil-free sunscreen to maintain healthy pores and to prevent breakouts.
- Great tip: you can “pre-load” sunscreen prior to a beach vacation. Each night for two weeks prior to your vacation, apply sunscreen. It will build in your skin, making you less likely to burn.
- Consider facial mists, which replenish minerals vital to healthy looking skin.
- Exfoliate more often during the summer. Your pores are larger, more open, and thus more noticeable during hot, humid weather. An extra exfoliation session each week will help counteract this.
With these simple tips, you’ll be looking great this summer!
And if you’d like a little extra help, take a look at our handmade fine jewelry on Instagram and Etsy. You’ll really stand out from the crowd!